Present at the SNA-WI 2020 Annual Conference!
SNA-WI is THE annual event for school nutrition professionals to attend! From Nutrition, Operations, Administration to Communications & Marketing information,the SNA-WI Annual Conference offers attendees a range of educational sessions to meet their needs.
Consider presenting at the 2020 School Nutrition Association of WI Conference and share your work and ideas!
The SNA-WI Steering Committee is accepting proposals for consideration for the 2020 Conference. Take this opportunity to share your knowledge with your colleagues and friends.
Presenting at your professional conference is a great opportunity for you to:
- Contribute to the most recent advances in school nutrition!
- Advocate for your work by sharing with others - there may be more to learn or partnerships you have not yet explored that could be generated by presenting.
- Learn how to talk about your food service program.
- Contribute to your overall professional profile and resume.
- Meet other professionals and potential contacts for future positions!
Submit your session idea today! The deadline for submissions is November 15, 2019. Submissions will be considered for 60-minute sessions.
Specific topics of interest for 2020 include:
Key Area 1: Nutrition
- 1220 Expanding breakfast beyond the cafeteria (classroom, kiosks, second chance…)
- 1220 Nutrition Education (Classroom and Cafeteria integration) and school gardens
- 1310 Basic Nutrition for Employees
- 1320 Food Fact vs. Fiction: Understanding the science and myths behind food trends
Key Area 2: Operations
- 2130 Creative (and simple) culinary techniques
- 2220 Offer vs serve
- 2450 Equipment procurement (how to write a bid for equipment, making serving lines kid friendly, finding the best equipment for the long term, tips for what to look for)
- 2620 Food Safety
Key Area 3: Administration
- 3220 Best practices in implementing an after school snack program (menus, financial impact, target areas, and point of service)
- 3240 Disasters and emergencies (hurricanes, fires, flooding and food recalls)
- 3320 Best practices for preparing for the Administrative Review
- 3340 Financial management fundamentals (bench marking data/ meals per labor hour etc…)
- 3410 Creating an inclusive team (effectively managing different personalities, generations, cultures and perspectives)
- 3420 Training staff using adult learning principles
Key Area 4: Communications and Marketing
- 4130 Understanding your customers and promoting your program to the community, parents and students
- 4140 Online ordering of school meals and customization through online ordering
- 4150 Best practices in integrating cafeteria with classroom.