Present at the SNA-WI 2019 Annual Conference!
SNA-WI is THE annual event for school nutrition professionals to attend! From Nutrition, Operations, Administration to Communications & Marketing information,the SNA-WI Annual Conference offers attendees a range of educational sessions to meet their needs.
Consider presenting at the 2019 School Nutrition Association of WI Conference and share your work and ideas!
The SNA-WI Steering Committee is accepting proposals for consideration for the 2019 Conference. Take this opportunity to share your knowledge with your colleagues and friends.
Presenting at your professional conference is a great opportunity for you to:
- Contribute to the most recent advances in school nutrition!
- Advocate for your work by sharing with others - there may be more to learn or partnerships you have not yet explored that could be generated by presenting.
- Learn how to talk about your food service program.
- Contribute to your overall professional profile and resume.
- Meet other professionals and potential contacts for future positions!
Submit your session idea today! The deadline for submissions is November 16, 2018. Submissions will be considered for 30 minute, 60 minute or 2-4 hour pre-conference sessions.
Specific topics of interest for 2019 include:
- Key Area 1: Nutrition
• 1220 Expanding breakfast beyond the cafeteria (classroom, kiosks, second chance…)
• 1220 Nutrition Education (Classroom and Cafeteria integration) and school gardens
• 1310 Basic Nutrition for Employees
• 1320 Food Fact vs. Fiction: Understanding the science and myths behind food trends
- Key Area 2: Operations
• 2130 Creative (and simple) culinary techniques
• 2220 Offer vs serve
• 2450 Equipment procurement (how to write a bid for equipment, making serving lines kid friendly, finding the best equipment for the long term, tips for what to look for)
• 2620 Food Safety
- Key Area 3: Administration
• 3220 Best practices in implementing an afterschool snack program (menus, financial impact, target areas, and point of service)
• 3240 Disasters and emergencies (hurricanes, fires, flooding and food recalls)
• 3320 Best practices for preparing for the Administrative Review
• 3340 Financial management fundamentals (benchmarking data/ meals per labor hour etc…)
• 3410 Creating an inclusive team (effectively managing different personalities, generations, cultures and perspectives)
• 3420 Training staff using adult learning principles
- Key Area 4: Communications and Marketing
• 4130 Understanding your customers and promoting your program to the community, parents and students
• 4140 Online ordering of school meals and customization through online ordering
• 4150 Best practices in integrating cafeteria with classroom.