School District of Greenfield
Job Title: Head Cook
Reports To: Kitchen Manager/Director
Contribute to the efficient and safe operation of the food service program. Starting wage is $14.92 an hour based on experience. Hours will be 5 to 5 1/2 hours per day when school is in session.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in the effective management of the assigned school food service, through planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating.
• Capable of filling in for the manager as needed.
• Provide good, nutritious food for students and adults. Direct quality control through proper handling, preparation, and storage of food, with high safety sanitary standards.
• Assist in training, coordination, and evaluation.
• Develop and maintain methods to control food and labor costs as directed.
• Have an awareness of the need and importance of nutrition education, and effectively promoting it.
• Attend pertinent educational meetings and conferences. Keep up to date by attending classes for the improvement of school food service programs.
• Present a neat, clean, and pleasant appearance.
• Involvement in the School Nutritional Association Wisconsin (SNA-WI
• Provide leadership, supervise and direct activities of kitchen staff as it relates to effective food preparation and serving.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Complete the necessary sanitation courses to qualify for state certification by attendance at educational functions related to food service.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Fast paced, high volume activity.
• Must be able to work within restricted, warm environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Direct Phone Number
To post an open position or equipment for sale...
Simply fill out the form below and you will be contacted for payment.
Your post will remain online for 30 days unless you request it be pulled down earlier.
$25 for Members
$50 for Non-Members
Please allow for about one week to process and post your request.